Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Saving on healthy foods?

On huge problem these days is that junk/crap processed food that tastes so good and is 100 times worse for us is so much cheaper then the good stuff and there are always coupons for them. There are two solutions to this:

        1. Price Match
                -Walmart will price match any competitors price right at the register, you dont even need the add of the item you want to price match. 
     
        2. Bountiful Baskets
                -Bountiful Baskets (BB) is such an amazing thing I can not praise it enough. BB is a Co-op that is free to join. Each Monday you go on their website and order your basket which is 16.50 for a full large laundry basket full of fresh produce. They also offer an upgrade to a organic box option at an additional price. They have extras too like Coconut Oil, Fresh tortillas, bread, cookies, granola, large boxes of produce that are great for canning, it is always different so it is a surprise every week. The only catch is if you do not like that you dont get to pick out your own fruit and get just what you want then you will not like BB. Every week the produce is different which I love because my family has now eaten/tried so many new veggies that I never would have bought had I gone to a store. I love it and the people that are there every Saturday morning at 5:20am to help sort the veggies and fruit, Note: you are NOT required to go and sort the produce I just do it because I love it and love talking to my friends, you just have to show up and get your delicious produce.  
They have many different sites in many states so just check out the website to see if there is a site near you. 

Hope this helps even a little. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment